The Kentucky Derby is one of the most popular and prestigious horse racing events in the world, held annually on the first Saturday in May at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Kentucky. Getting tickets to the Kentucky Derby can be a bit of a challenge, but here are some options:
- Buy tickets directly from Churchill Downs: Churchill Downs offers a limited number of tickets to the Kentucky Derby for sale on their website. However, these tickets sell out quickly, so it’s best to check the website frequently or sign up for their email list to be notified when tickets go on sale.
- Use a ticket broker: There are many reputable ticket brokers who specialize in selling Kentucky Derby tickets. These brokers may have access to tickets that are not available through Churchill Downs, but be prepared to pay a premium price.
- Enter a ticket lottery: Churchill Downs holds a lottery for Kentucky Derby tickets each year. Fans can enter the lottery for a chance to purchase tickets at face value.
- Attend the Kentucky Oaks: The Kentucky Oaks is a race for three-year-old fillies held on the Friday before the Kentucky Derby. Tickets for the Kentucky Oaks are typically easier to obtain than tickets for the Kentucky Derby, and it’s a great way to experience the excitement of Derby weekend.
- Visit Churchill Downs on non-race days: If you’re not able to get tickets to the Kentucky Derby itself, you can still visit Churchill Downs and tour the racetrack, museum, and other attractions on non-race days.
Remember, demand for Kentucky Derby tickets is extremely high, so it’s best to plan ahead and be prepared to pay a premium price if necessary.